The Scarecrow Festival was a great success and raised over £1,500 for Stockport Young Carers. The Tour of Britain cycle race passed right through the centre of Bramhall at the same time!
The winning scarecrows were:
- Scarecrow with the best wow factor – Walter Raleigh at Riva
- Scarecrow showing the best workmanship – Frida Kahlo at Cuthberts
- The most recognisable historical character – Guy Fawkes at Francesco
- Tableaux and overall festival 2019 winner – Corrys
- The best from a member of the public was Bramhall Bert
- The best in Cheadle Hulme was All Saints Church
- The winners of the ‘Back in Time’ Trail winning a massive Family Goody bag were Ellie with Tilly and her mum Amanda.
Above is Jessica with her winning entry Bramhall Bert. Below are some of the other scarecrows !
Here comes the peloton on the way in
and just seconds later …. on the way out!!